“Beans and Rice, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Beans and Rice, Inc. seeks people passionate about serving others in a way that changes both the receiver and giver of service. We believe in neighbors helping neighbors, working with people not at them, in building proactive citizens, and that real change begins with ourselves.
- Human Services and related fields
- Social sciences
Complete the application fields below and email your resume and cover letter to:
Accepting applications for the following positions:
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME (OST) SITE COORDINATOR
Supervises day-to-day Radford elementary and middle afterschool program operations including busing, student discipline, scheduling, activity supplies, communication with parents, and record keeping. Supervises all on-site programmatic functions, policies, and staff.
Part-time, non-exempt, $14-$20 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
- Manages daily program schedule, making changes in consultation with program staff and volunteers.
- Implements out-of-school-time program policies and overall program design as detailed in 21st CCLC program application.
- Records and tracks student attendance, discipline, and relevant health information. Manages all aspects of student enrollment.
- Works collaboratively with all site personnel including school district, community, university, and Beans and Rice, Inc.
- Maintains a support and communication system for OST teachers and other program staff members.
- Maintains a positive relationship with parents. Contacts parents as necessary regarding student behavior and schedule changes.
- Provides on-site supervision to interns.
- Provides feedback regarding program performance to Executive Director. Disburses information approved by the Executive Director.
- Coordinates recruitment and retention of program participants – students and adults, maintaining an 80% or higher retention rate.
- Coordinates staff meetings for planning and reflection activities. Participates in all scheduled staff development.
- Assists classroom teachers with core subjects while ensuring linkages between school day and OST programming.
- Develops and coordinates implementation of student Individual Success Plans for target (high need) students.
- Collects program evaluation data. Analyzes and applies information from periodic program evaluations. Recommends program adjustments as appropriate.
- Uphold all health and safety protocols as outlined by the schools and Beans and Rice.
- Performs other duties pertinent to achieving program goals and objectives deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Requires BS/BA; background in Education or Human Service preferred.
- Experience: Past experience working in afterschool or summer programs preferred.
- Special Skills: Special education, positive behavior supports, afterschool education, language arts, mathematics, youth development, Office365, student data management systems.
Application instructions: Apply below, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment is contingent on successful completion of criminal, sex offender, child abuse/neglect, and driving record checks.
- A criminal conviction will not necessarily bar employment with Beans and Rice, Inc. The nature of the conviction, the date of the conviction, and the relationship of the conviction to the job sought, as well as other objective legitimate factors, will all be considered.
- For positions which may require driving, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Starting wage is dependent upon related experience and educational background.
- Continuation in temporary grant funded positions is dependent upon the availability of grant funds.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Beans and Rice, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled veterans. Beans and Rice, Inc. utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.